Saturday, December 11, 2010


This is probably my favorite drawing from this class. The imaje doesn’t do it much justice, there are a lot of details that aren’t visible in the picture. i wish we would spend another day on the skull just because it is fun to draw. Sorry about the crappy picture... i usually take the pictures for the blog at the art building on some machine that helps you line up the picture and takes it from the direct center. As a result of not using this machine the left hand side of the image is all dark 
I think it is interesting how the skull is so static. The only part of the skull that moves is the jaw. I don’t know it’s just cool to me. It is also interesting how the front portion of the skull is so thin, it is about as wide as your two front teeth. The lecture we had that day helped me draw this picture a lot. Again I wish I had my newsprint here but im snowed in and it really sucks how you cant get into the art building at all times anymore.   But in my pad I have a few drawings of the skull (from the lecture) that turned out kind of cool.
In the above drawing I had to do a lot of measuring because the skull is so big. It is hard to find how the cranium actually sits in space again due to how big and smooth it is. But, in the end I think I grasped it as good as I did (that probably only makes sense to me). I also think I learned a lot about line weight in drawing the teeth. I really like the way that the teeth turned out…

2 comments:

  1. these drawings are really nice looking. I especially like the line quality. The strong outlines are so carefully balanced with the lighter lines on the interior that they do not make the shape flat, in fact they give the image a strong style. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your linework. With your skulls use very few lines, but the ones you did are so effective! You can really tell the shape and where the skull has openings.

    ReplyDelete