Saturday, December 11, 2010

the hand...


This week we had a lecture about the hand. I wish that I had my drawing pad here but my front door is nearly snowed shut… but in my newsprint pad I have some drawings of the finger bones that I really like. But oh well… in this drawing I used a brown pencil at first to draw the bones (you can barely see the pencil marks) after I had the hand drawn I used some of my markers to add value… because I have kind of been getting sick of the whole cross contour thing. I drew my own hand, but we were supposed to draw somebody else hand. I think the hand drawing is ok, but id rather talk about the bone… I was going to draw my hand holding the bone but I just finished the bone by itself… I really like the way that this drawing looks (or at least this part of the drawing). I tried to think about the cross contour process. It is really weird to me how some days you can really see how the planes shift and it is easy to draw something in cross contour. And a lot of other days it seems impossible until you really get into it. I like how the lines on the bone only cross each other a few times… I think im going to do my final drawing like this…

2 comments:

  1. I like that your drawing of the hand is different than everyone else's. It's always nice to see something fresh and different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like that your hand drawing looks different than everyone elses and the fact that its your own hand makes it even better. I have difficulty drawing hands and to try and draw my own would be extreamlly difficult, I'd move it while I wasn't thinking, be unable to get it back in the same position and that would be all she wrote.

    ReplyDelete