Monday, December 20, 2010

FINAL (LY)


So we are finally done with this semester and I am glad to say it was a good one…  I learned a lot about how to make my drawings look (at least a little more) professional, and accurate. The main thing to do is to start drawing as light as possible in order to get the proportions correct. Drawing light was hard to do at the start but now I have noticed that I draw much lighter overall. This made taking pictures of my gestural drawings quite a bit harder. I needed to take them into Photoshop and mess with them a bunch, and still you can’t see very much. Drawing light is easy to do when you stand far away from your page and extend your utensil.
                I really, really enjoyed our trip to the natural history museum in St. Paul (I think, I’m from Wisconsin so I can’t really tell the difference between Minneapolis and St. Paul). I wish we would have went there every day of class, that would have been a lot of fun… BUT SCHOOL ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN so… but really I cant wait for Life Drawing 2. At the senior show type thing that happened this past Friday there was a show of all of their giant skeleton drawings, and I really want to do one of those.
                Apparently I kind of messed up my mannequin, but I think I fixed it. My second to last shell drawing was the biggest piece of crap that I have ever seen (I think it was probably the worst one in the class), I am the most disappointed in (myself) that shell drawing than I have ever been in any of my drawings ever. But I think that drawing was kind of practice for our final shell which in my opinion is way way better… I had the exact right amount of charcoal pencil to finish which helped my luck I think…
Well thanks a lot and get the hell off of my blog…
The following is my final portfolio

1 comment:

  1. I think you make a good point that we need to draw light first to get proportions down before we can darken in the correct marks. I also remember this being very difficult at the beginning of the semester. But I know I have also improved in this area.

    ReplyDelete