Monday, November 1, 2010

......


I guess this post is supposed to be about our critiques in both of our groups. We critiqued our first of five shell drawings. This drawing was supposed to be a cross contour drawing of our shell. I wasn’t there for the first critique but there was someone who was in the group I would have been in if I were there the first day, in my group on the second day. She said that the group liked how I avoided using outlines, and how it recedes into space.  She also said that mine was the only one in the group that filled up the page. Again I wasn’t there so I don’t really know what to say about that. I agree that I tried not to make any visible outlines, but there were a few.  In the critique the second day the group said the same things that the other group said. My teacher Amy Fichter said that I could have used line weight a bit better to show some atmospheric perspective, which I also agree with. I kind of ran out of time, and felt like crap the day of the critique (which is why I wasn’t there). I feel that the inside of my shell that is visible could have showed the volume of the shell a lot better, it just doesn’t look right because I redid it too many times and drew a bit too hard. Also the thin parts of the shell could have been thicker by showing the skinniest plane more often than I did… and that’s pretty much it…

No comments:

Post a Comment